Martin Yale BCS212 Business Card Slitter
- Unit is available in 12-up format.
- Accommodates 8.5″ x 11″ stock and creates finished product in 2 passes.
- Speed up to 375 cards/minute.
- Continuous feeding of stacks up to 5/8″ thick.
- Perfect cuts, catch tray receptacle and adjustable feed to accommodate different types of material thickness.
- It is important to note that your stock must be centered and square to the page, with equal registration on all sides
- A Martin Yale business card slitter is necessary for anyone who needs to produce a lot of business cards.
- All Martin Yale business card cutters come with self-sharpening cutting blades, which ensure the card slitter will go without needing blade replacement.
- This business card slitter can take stacks of card stock or paper up to 5/8” thick, allowing business cards to be produced at a rate of up to 375 cards per minute!
- The BCS212 requires manual insertion of the paper and contains adjustable paper guides so you are not limited to cutting only standard 2” x 3 ½” business cards.
- The BCS212 works in a two-pass operation, and although it is not fully automatic, it is highly efficient.
- The user will insert the 8 ½” x 11” sheets to be cut down into three 3 ½” x 8 ½” sheets, and then take these three sheets and insert them into the BCS to be cut down into twelve 2” x 3 ½” business cards.
- The BCS212 takes 8 ½” x 11” sheets with 12 business cards printed on it, making it a 12up machine.
- The Martin Yale BCS212 is ideal for at-home use, copy centers, and small print shops.
- For almost fifteen years it has become one of the most popular business card cutter models in the world.
- As one of the most tenured card slitters on the market, its original design has sparked the possibility of business card-only machines.
- The BCS212 can cut more than just business cards however.
- In fact, this machine is the most popular choice for the growing flip book production market.
- The BCS212 is a great opportunity for photographers and print shops looking to make flip books for parties, weddings, graduations, and other celebrations.
- This model is extremely portable due to its lightweight design, making it popular for any event.
- The BCS212 is a tabletop model that is still popular to this day due to its easy operation, easy set up, and extreme simplicity.
- This model is a mechanical machine that doesn’t have all the electronic features that newer models have, but is still a third of the price.
- In addition to the price cut, having less features means that less can go wrong with it or need to be fixed/replaced.
- The Martin Yale BCS212 also features optional creasing and perforating wheels that handle heavy stock paper without creating spider cracks or make tear-off stock.
- These are great options if you need paper that can tear easily such as raffle tickets, binder paper, and coupons.
Things We Like Most About the Martin Yale BCS212:
- Design: Simple, lightweight design
- Production: High production value and efficiency for a small cost
- Features: Self-sharpening cutting blades keep your BCS212 running longer, optional creasing and perforating wheels
- Fast: Up to 375 cards/minute
- Multi-use: Good for more than just business cards
- Easily convert 81/2″ X 11″ sheets to finished 2″ x 31/2″ business cards with a simple two pass operation.
- The BCS212 cuts 81/2″x 11″ sheets into two strips of 31/2″ x 11″ on the first pass and finishes the job by taking the 5up sheets and cutting them down to 2″ x 31/2″ cards.
- For jobs that are printed in 4-up format on 31/2″ x 81/2″ sheets the BCS212 handles the conversion to 2″ x 31/2″ cards in one easy pass.
- The cutting blades are semi-self sharpening to allow for years of operation without sharpening or replacement.
|Printed sheet||8 1/2″ x 11″|
|Card size||2″ x 3 1/2″|
|Feed table capacity||stacks up to 5/8″ thick|
|Dimensions||6″H x 10 1/2″W x 15″D|