Formax FD 6206 Basic 1 Folder Inserter
with One Sheet Feeder
- Speed: Up to 2,400/hr
- Color touchscreen
- Compact, modern design
- Vertical output stacker
- Up to 4 feed stations
The 6206 Series combines ease-of-use with energy savings and a compact footprint. Standard features include a full-color touchscreen control panel with job wizard, a vertical output stacker which holds up to 250 filled envelopes, a dedicated semi-automatic document feeder for daily mail, automatic water level detection, and AutoSet™ for one-touch setup of new jobs.
The 6206 Series can store up to 20 programmable jobs, and has a powerful folding system which accurately folds up to eight sheets of paper at the same time. Its energy-saving standby mode automatically powers down the inserter after one hour of being idle.
Four configurations are available: The 6206-Basic 1 offers one automatic sheet feeder. The 6206-Basic 2 is equipped with two automatic sheet feeders. The 6206-Advanced 1 has one sheet feeder and one insert/BRE feeder. And the 6206-Advanced 2 comes with two sheet feeders and one insert/BRE feeder.
The 6206 Series provides mailing security with both its electro-mechanical double document detection system, which is not susceptible to paper color or dust, and its tip-to-tip envelope sealing capability. Additional features include cascade mode to maximize production, a convenient drop-in feed system, and the ability to process documents up to 14” in length.
Optional Optical Mark Recognition and Barcode Recognition are available to increase document security by ensuring the correct documents are inserted for each recipient. Advanced scanning capabilities allow the 6206 Series to read OMR and BCR printed horizontally or vertically, anywhere on the page.
The 6206 Series Inserters offer the power and reliability of larger machines with the ease of operation expected and required for the office environment.
- Introducing the Formax FD 6206 Folder Inserter, capable of folding and inserting 2,400 pieces each hour.
- Operation is simple thanks to the user-friendly color touchscreen display, complete with a valuable job wizard for step-by-step setup guides.
- Ease-of-use does not begin to define how trouble-free this inserter is to operate.
- As an added bonus, the sophisticated AutoSet feature automatically detects and sets paper length, fold type, envelope size, fold length and double document detection.
- The Formax 6206 allows for up to 20 frequent or recurring jobs to be programmed, saving you time during your busy mailings.
- The Basic 1 model features one automatic and one semi-automatic sheet feeder.
- The semi-automatic feeder (daily mail feeder) allows for various mailings to be processed in stapled and non-stapled sets.
- With a throughput of up to 2,400 pieces per hour, you can load up to 250 sheets of 20# paper at a time in each feeder.
- No need to wait for your feeders to empty before re-loading.
- You can refill on-the-fly to allow for a continuous stream of production.
- The powerful folding system is capable of folding and inserting 8 sheets at once without error.
- Finished envelopes are housed in the vertical output stacker, which collects up to 250 envelopes in their original order.
- The Formax 6206 offers both seal and non-seal capabilities, perfect for simple folding projects.
- Two counters are available, one re-settable counter for addition and batch counting, and a second non-resettable counter.
- Choose from five different fold types, including C, V, Z, Double Parallel, and No Fold.
- With the electro-mechanical double document detectors at each feed station, you can be assured that your mailing integrity remains intact.
- These detectors are unaffected by dust, smudges or paper color.
- Finished your project but forgot to turn the machine off?
- No matter, the energy-saving mode will automatically trigger after 1 hour of inactivity.
- Compact in size, the Formax FD-6206’s clamshell design makes it perfect for any office environment.
- AutoSet one-touch setup
- Clamshell design
- Fully automatic adjustments
- 20 programmable fold applications
- User-friendly color touchscreen display with job wizard step-by-step setup guides
- Edge to edge envelope sealing for enhanced security
- Seal and non-seal capabilities
- 2 counters: 1 resettable for addition and batch counting and 1 non-resettable
- One semi-automatic sheet feeder
- 4 adjustable insert fingers
- Double document detection
- Multifeeding: Allows for a set number of pieces (up to 5) to be pulled from one feeder, then collated, folded and inserted automatically
- Fold types: C, V, Z, double parallel, and no fold
- Automatic Water Level Detection
- Energy-saving automatic standby mode after 1 hour of inactivity
- One Sheet Feeder
- Speed of 2,400 sheets/hour
- Duty cycle: up to 20,000 pieces/month
- Feeder Capacity: up to 250 sheets, 20# paper
- Envelope Hopper Capacity: up to 250 envelopes
- Vertical Output Stacker: up to 250 filled envelopes
- Paper Size*: 3.5” – 14” L x 5” – 9” W
- Envelope Size*: 6.3” – 9.5” L x 3.5” – 6.3” W
- Dimensions: 31.5” L x 26.9” H x 17.5” W
- 121 lbs